Hello again fellas!👋
So let’s start with dessert. I was born with a sweet tooth. I like to have sweet whenever I am stressed or if there is some occasion or may be when we have a guest, actually I like it after dinner also…mmm…and sometimes I make something sweet for breakfast.😁
See, this is why I can’t have fancy dessert always. So I am sharing one of my recipes that looks pretty but it is not too difficult. I will give you some alternatives; you can go with whichever is comfortable for you.:)
Here we go.
For the chocolate sponge
4 tbsp cocoa powder,
¾ cup plain flour,
3 large eggs,
½ cup castor sugar,
1 tsp vanilla essence,
1 tsp baking powder
Brown bread slices,
4 tbsp chocolate syrup
1 packet butterscotch chips,
2 cups whipping cream,
¼ cup powdered sugar
Readymade custard or make it with custard powder,
1 cup fresh cream,
Crushed Oreo or any cream biscuit for the base.
Any garnish like nuts, chocolate chips etc. will do.
Cover the base of the glass with crushed biscuits, press lightly and keep in the refrigerator for chilling.
Sponge (if you have the patience to make your own;))
- Beat eggs and sugar till soft peaks are formed.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Fold in sieved flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Spread the batter into a 9” pan making a thinner layer than usual and baked for 15mins in a preheated oven at 180°
- De-mould and cut into desired shapes.
Alternative- Cut the bread into desired shape and soak into chocolate syrup. Do not make it too moist.
- Whip the cream with sugar.
- Fold in butterscotch chips or any other flavoring.
Alternative- Add cream to the custard and whip to make it light.
- Take the chilled glasses, add a layer of mousse or ice cream, and then add the sponge.
- Pour some chocolate syrup if you are using sponge, layer with mousse.
- Soften 1 tbsp of jam with some water and apply it to the sides of the glass.
- Add desired layers of sponge and mousse.
- Garnish with nuts, chocolate syrup or wafers.
- And you are done. Enjoy it chilled, click a pic and share.:D
I usually make it with bread and custard…Not at all the same boring dessert anymore. 😉