After chocolate my next favorite flavor is pineapple 🍍☺. I had this idea of making a pineapple tart from long. Just couldn’t decide on how to make it different. So I decided on making tartlets having basil pineapple filling topped with coconut cream. My only problem was that I don’t have tartlet moulds 😁. I used cookie cutters which made the tartlets look prettier :D. And the flavors worked really well. Yum!
For the Shell
8 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
For the filling
2 cups diced pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter
Juice of 1/2 lime
Handful of basil
A pinch of salt
Whipped coconut cream ( I didn’t get coconut cream so I mixed normal whipped cream with coconut powder 😜)
Diced or sliced pineapple
Toasted coconut flakes
1. Combine all the ingredients for the tart shell and knead till a soft dough is formed. Don’t overwork the dough. Wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat butter in pan. Add diced pineapples. Cook on high flame for a minute then add sugar, salt, basil and 2 tbsp water. Cook on low flame till the pineapples are soft.
3. Roll the dough and place in tartlet moulds. ( You can also use cookie cutters like I did by placing 2 layers of the sides on the base with egg wash or milk. I got the sides by using 2 cutters of same shape, bigger and the medium one.)
4. Prick with a fork and refrigerate again for 20 mins.
5. Bake for 20-25 mins in a preheated oven at 350°F.
6. Bring the shells to room temperature. Put the filling in the base and top with whipped coconut cream, toasted coconut flakes and pineapple dices.
Serve with tea or as a dessert after dinner. ☺
I stored the shells in a jar and used them with different fillings as well. When my mother is not around, I quickly take 1 tartlet, fill it with Nutella, top with some whipped cream and eat it all at once… 😁🙊😝
Posted from WordPress for Android