So now I understand the pain of the people staying in places with no resources… because I, the greedy foodie, is dumped in a vegetarian place having only 5-6 kind veggies:'(… Thank god! atleast we get eggs here…
But then yeah, learning a few things…baking without oven..easier recipes…🙅
One fine day, my roommate made me this breakfast and I checked for the angel ring above her head👼😜. Thank you Smaranika for this super simple recipe. 😻
1 pkt masala oats or 50gm rolled oats*
2 tbsp butter or oil
*masala oats already has spices in it. If you’re using normal rolled oats you can use your owns spices.
1. Crack both the eggs in a bowl. Add oats, salt and spices. Keep aside for 5 mins.
2. Heat oil or butter in pan, pour the mixture in and mix well. Cook till it reaches the consistency of scrambled eggs. And ta da🎉 your breakfast is ready. 😍
Serve it with chilled chocolate milk shake or coffee.
You can turn this “tad bit” healthy breakfast into a healthy one. Add chopped veggies, soya chunks blah blah, I made it with sprouts. Or why don’t you give it Italian flavour with cheese… Actually Chinese is better just add schezwan sauce.. 😁 and garam masala with chicken kheema will taste so yumm…
I will try a sweet version next time with fruits and nuts.😍
So one fine night after dinner I had this irresistible craving for a super gooey and chocolaty cake.. But I was in no mood to bake this late and the waiting would have killed me.. 😅
To my rescue came a picture of a sexy crepe cake on instagram 😍… (Of course mine is no where near that one.. 😝) I loved the idea and started working on it.. 😆
Yeah it was supposed to be messy but I messed it a bit more with super flowy chocolate and thicker crepes… 😣.. Who cares! Satisfied my cravings.. Haha! 😜
No proper recipe.. I will just tell you what I did… ( you can use it if you can’t fight your cravings, that too late night 😁)
For the Crepes(12-15 ,6″ crepes)
3/4 cup plain flour
1 cup milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
A pinch of salt
1. Beat together milk and eggs in a medium bowl. Pour milk mixture into flour and salt mixture, whisking to combine. Whisk in butter. ( ideally should be stored for few hours)
2. Heat a 7 inch pan and brush with butter. Pour around 3 tbsp of the batter and swirl the pan till the bottom is evenly coated.
3. Cook for about a minute or till the crepe is slightly brown. Repeat till all the crepes are done.
I used melted chocolate and cream. You can use any type of frosting. I would love to try these with syrups or Nutella :). Just spread the frosting on each crepe and layer. Cut and serve chilled or hot depending on the type of spread with whipped cream or roasted nuts.
The reason I posted this idea is that no one, having a sweet tooth, should miss this thing. It is super simple, tasty and can look divine. (I will make it good looking next time) 😀 When I ate it I was like ” Arrgh! My life could have been so much better if I had any idea about this before! ” 😝
Frittata… Such a funky name…😋 But then of course, it’s Italian.. 🙂 It is basically a kind of rich omelette made fluffier with one or more optional ingredients..
This post is a request from a follower and a friend, who finds my recipes a bit complicated.. 😛 So Ankit, this is super easy and you can modify it to an extent of using leftover veggies.😁 You can tell your friends that you had homemade “frittata” in breakfast as long as you put eggs in it… 😜
Let’s get started 🙋
The recipe is for 1-2 person and you need a 7″ non stick pan for this..
3 tbsp cream or milk
1 tbsp plain flour (maida) (optional)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp butter
I made it with finely chopped
1 tsp green chilli
2 tsp garlic
2 tbsp onion
1 tbsp beetroot
3 tbsp carrots
3 tbsp French beans
3 tbsp potatoes
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Heat oil in the pan and saute all the chopped vegetables. Season.
2. Beat egg, milk and flour with salt and pepper in bowl.
3. Lower the flame and spread the veggies evenly.
4. Pour the egg mixture on cooked veggies and top with butter and cheese. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on a very low heat. This will rise a lot after it is cooked. ( Will settle a bit later).
Enjoy this yummy breakfast with a piece of toast or garlic bread.. 😀
You can use leftover chicken, stir fried veggies… Bacon, sliced potatoes, paneer.. Almost everything.. 😝
If you want to double the recipe then you will need a bigger size pan and it will be easier to finish the frittata in oven because there is a chance of burning at the bottom..
I hope I delivered as promised.. 😌
I know I know that I am very bad at giving titles… 😛 so please ignore that and try these pretty and cheesy savoury French toast muffins. I don’t know how I got the idea..but the moment it came into my head, I was dying to try this. My mother always served us savoury French toast.. We didn’t even know that there is a sweet version of this.. 😁 So I was very certain about the outcome. It tasted good, looked different and no hard work required.. ☺
A simple and small recipe…
3/4 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup melted butter
4 cups 1 day old cubed bread (I used brown bread loaf)
2 tbsp plain flour
Few sausages of your choice
1/2 cup grated cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mixed herbs, optional
1. Beat the eggs, butter, milk, herbs, cheese and seasoning together. Fold in the four & bread and keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 180 °C.
3. Slice the sausages into thin roundels and line the muffin moulds with it.
4. Scoop the mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are slightly browned.
5. De-mould and see the magic.. 😀 😉
Serve these for breakfast upside down with compound butter, mayonnaise or with whatever you want and whenever you want… 😜 tasty anyway.. 😁
I apologize for not having pictures.. I lost them.. 😣 I am sure that yours will look better… I beg you to share those with me.. 🙂
Posted from WordPress for Android